Student Services Receptionist
Hours may shift with advance notice to accommodate events, and occasionally with short notice for subbing needs
The Student Services Reception role provides basic customer service in a manner that maintains good customer relations and is responsible for creating a positive first impression.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Open and close the building.
- Greet and welcome students in a friendly manner.
- Answer questions regarding room locations.
- Record student registration and other questions and send them to the Student Services Representative team.
- Set-up rooms as requested including moving carts, stands and occasionally instruments.
- Compliance with our COVID-19 policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience. High-school diploma or equivalency. 3-5 years customer service experience.
Skills. Effective communication skills including listening, and persuasive and clear speaking.
Abilities. Ability to practice empathy and self-control, use positive language, stay calm and demonstrate patience, project welcoming and vibrant presence. Willingness to improve, and to take responsibility for customer solutions. Ability to switch focus rapidly.
Physical Demands. Infrequent lifting and carrying of up to 10 lbs. Infrequent pushing of pianos. Frequent transition from sitting to standing. Sitting up to 2 hours at a time; standing up to 1 hour at a time.