Onsite and in-person instruction
SCHEDULE: Weekday afternoons and evenings, Saturdays and potentially Sundays
This position is responsible for maintaining high standards of teaching expertise. The instructor teaches individual voice lessons for students of varying levels (beginning to advanced) with an emphasis on a candidate who is energetic and able to engage with the very young beginner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Foster a positive learning environment
- Establish a good rapport with students and families, encouraging open discussion
- Provide expert music instruction, including demonstrating the playing of the voice in lessons and singing with the student
- Manage studio, including recruitment, lesson planning, scheduling, registration paperwork, Outlook calendar maintenance, phone calls, and communication
- Participation in the voice department, including attending department meetings
- Engagement in the overall work and mission of MacPhail Center for Music
- Compliance with our COVID-19 policies
Education: A degree or certification in music or music education, or the equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of three years of voice studio teaching all ages and skill levels of which a significant portion is with very young beginners. Experience teaching diverse styles of music preferred.
Skills & Abilities. Effective communication skills. Demonstrated cultural competency skills and commitment to contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Physical Demands: Frequently (approximately 2/3 of the day) standing. Occasionally (approximately 1/3 of the workday) lifting (up to approximately 10 lbs), standing, keyboarding, writing, bending at waist, twisting at the waist and turning/pivoting.