Onsite and in-person instruction
SCHEDULE: Weekday afternoons and evenings, Saturdays and potentially Sundays
STATUS: Exempt; part-time
This position is responsible for maintaining high standards of teaching expertise. The instructor teaches individual voice lessons for students of varying levels (beginning to advanced) with an emphasis on a candidate who is energetic and able to engage with the very young beginner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Foster a positive learning environment
- Establish a good rapport with students and families, encouraging open discussion
- Provide expert music instruction, including demonstrating the playing of the voice in lessons and singing with the student
- Manage studio, including recruitment, lesson planning, scheduling, registration paperwork, Outlook calendar maintenance, phone calls, and communication
- Participation in the voice department, including attending department meetings
- Engagement in the overall work and mission of MacPhail Center for Music
- Compliance with our COVID-19 policies
Education: A degree or certification in music or music education, or the equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of three years of voice studio teaching all ages and skill levels of which a significant portion is with very young beginners. Experience teaching diverse styles of music preferred.
Skills & Abilities. Effective communication skills. Demonstrated cultural competency skills and commitment to contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Physical Demands: Frequently (approximately 2/3 of the day) standing. Occasionally (approximately 1/3 of the workday) lifting (up to approximately 10 lbs), standing, keyboarding, writing, bending at waist, twisting at the waist and turning/pivoting.