MICM Media and Production Coordinator
TITLE: MICM Media and Production Coordinator
REPORTS TO: MICM Artistic Director
Part Time, .03 FTE (5-15 hours per month) remote (April-May)
Full Time, 1 FTE (June-July)
LOCATION: Remote (April-May)
Onsite - Madeline Island, WI (June-July)
The MICM Media and Production Coordinator serves as the eyes and ears of Madeline Island Chamber Music. This role is responsible for producing high-quality media for all Madeline Island Chamber Music events, including live streaming of public concerts and photography for performance-related activities. In preparation for the summer, this position assists with program scheduling, working closely with the Artistic Director and Director of Operations. Housing and food for the duration of employment on Madeline Island is provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Serves as main contact for all production and technical needs, including stage setup for performances and sessions.
- Manage, maintain, and update the master schedule of rehearsals, coachings, lessons, master classes, performances, and other performance related events.
- Create individual schedules for faculty, students, and rooms.
- Live stream all public concerts, ensuring proper setup for high-quality sound and video.
- Record and document activities, including master classes, community engagement events, and student through videography and photography
- Compile and edit videos for use in publicity, including social media.
- Compliance with COVID-19 policy and protocols
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: High school graduate or equivalent. 2 years related experience, preferably in a performing arts setting. Minimum one year experience producing/streaming live concerts on YouTube using OBS Studio, or similar platforms.
Abilities: Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Ability to establish effective, professional relationships in collaborative onsite and remote working environment. Willingness to learn, flexible and adaptable. Ability to drive; valid driver’s license preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of classical music repertoire and the ability to read music. Proficiency with web-based collaboration environments and Microsoft Office. Positive attitude and strong professionalism. Must have strong initiative, organizational, and time-management skills.
Physical Demands Frequently working at a keyboard for up to 6 hours at a time. Frequent walking, stooping, and bending. Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 25 lbs.