LOCATION: Minneapolis, Apple Valley and Online
SCHEDULE: Weekday afternoons and evenings, Saturdays and potentially Sundays
This position is responsible for maintaining high standards of teaching expertise. The instructor teaches individual jazz and classical trumpet lessons for students of varying levels (beginning to advanced).
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Foster a positive learning environment
- Establish a good rapport with students and families, encouraging open discussion
- Provide expert music instruction, including demonstrating the playing of the trumpet in lessons and playing with the student
- Manage studio, including recruitment, lesson planning, scheduling, registration paperwork, Outlook calendar maintenance, phone calls, and communication
- Participation in the wind, brass, percussion department, including attending department meetings
- Engagement in the overall work and mission of MacPhail Center for Music
- Compliance with COVID-19 policies
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Education in Music Education/Pedagogy and/or extensive performance experience, or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of three years of trumpet studio teaching all ages and skill levels. Experience teaching diverse styles of music preferred.
Skills & Abilities. Effective communication skills. Demonstrated cultural competency skills and commitment to contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Physical Demands: Frequently (approximately 2/3 of the day) sitting, repetitive wrist motion, grasping/pinching, bending at knees, and twisting at the neck. Occasionally (approximately 1/3 of the work day) lifting (up to approximately 10 lbs), standing, keyboarding, writing, bending at waist, twisting at the waist and turning/pivoting.