MICM Residential Director
TITLE: Residential Director
REPORTS TO: MICM Director of Operations
The Residential Director is responsible for maintaining the health and safety of our students and helping create a welcoming community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Foster a positive community environment that supports musical achievements, embraces diversity, and celebrates differences.
- Orient students to the Madeline Island Chamber Music community
- Responsible for communicating and enforcing the safety and security procedures.
- Manage student forms and releases.
- Responsible for communicating with parents.
- Responsible for Orientations and check out procedures.
- Dispense medications accurately, appropriately, and discreetly to students. Serve as liaison to Madeline Island medical clinic.
- Responsible for managing student room and roommate assignments.
- Mentor Activities Counselors
- Maintain the residential budget and track expenses.
- Responsible for keeping Residential Staff Handbook updated.
- Responsible for creating camp schedule for staff.
- Responsible for conducting the safety of the students at night.
- Serve as a shuttle driver for transporting students to locations on Madeline Island, Bayfield, Duluth, and other necessary destinations.
- Compliance with COVID-19 policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Current college student or recent graduate
Licenses Valid Driver’s license
Experience One year experience in Residential Life and one year supervisor experience.
Skills and Abilities Willingness to learn, flexible and adaptable. Be able to connect with teenagers.
Physical Demands Occasional lifting, approximately 10 lbs., frequently sitting, occasional walking, climbing, stairs, stooping, bending, kneeling.