Student Services Representative - PT (Weekends)
SCHEDULE: Core Hours: Saturday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM -5:00 PM
Additional hours available through subbing for team members
The Student Services Representative is responsible for providing excellent customer service through the gathering, documenting, and exchange of information with customers in a manner that maintains good customer relations. The Representative builds community through relationship development and positive interactions with students, student families, faculty, and staff. This position represents the organization to the community and is often responsible for creating a positive first impression.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Correspond in person, or by telephone, with customers concerning requests for information regarding instruction availability, delivery, pricing, billing, status of accounts or other matters in a manner that will maintain good customer relations.
- Guide and advise customers regarding MacPhail’s classes, lessons, and performance opportunities.
- Develop and maintain contacts with faculty, other departments, and sites within MacPhail to obtain and provide information.
- Complete necessary records to document inquiries and work.
- Handle complex service questions from customers and apply judgment in resolving service or technical problems falling within established limits of authority and knowledge.
- Research and present issues of greater impact or complexity to department leadership or appropriate internal experts for resolution.
- Process student registrations and related activity including payments, re-registration, refunds and accounts receivable.
- Work on standing and temporary department projects as assigned including, but not limited to placement support, financial aid, credit memos, faculty calendar reviews, studio use, duplicate accounts, reporting, course creation.
- Maintain internal systems including but not limited to room reservations, retail transactions, shared department inbox, missing registrations, mail processing.
- Work at other MacPhail sites as needed; transport materials and equipment between sites as needed.
- Set-up non-Minneapolis site instruction spaces as requested including moving instruments, music stands, chairs and audio equipment
- Compliance with our COVID-19 policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience. High-school diploma or equivalency. 3-5 years customer service experience. 2-4 years working with CRM or databases (data entry and queries), Outlook, Excel, Word, cash registers and multi-line/high-volume telephones.
Skills. Effective communication skills including listening, and persuasive and clear speaking. Productive time management and prioritization skills. Proficient database, Outlook, and multi-line/high-volume telephone skills.
Abilities. Ability to practice empathy and self-control, use positive language, stay calm and demonstrate patience, project welcoming and vibrant presence. Willingness to improve, and to take responsibility for customer solutions. Ability to switch focus rapidly. Ability to think clearly and rationally, understanding the logical connection between ideas, processes, and systems. Ability to be thorough and pay attention to detail. Ability to drive to metro sites (vehicle and valid driver’s license required), flexibility to sub for co-workers.
Physical Demands. Infrequent lifting and carrying of up to 10 lbs. Frequent transition from sitting to standing. Sitting up to 1 hour at a time; standing up to 1 hour at a time. Frequent keyboarding up to 4 hours at a time.