MICM Community Engagement Coordinator
TITLE: MICM Community Engagement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: MICM Artistic Director
Part Time, .03 FTE (5-15 hours per month) remote (April-May)
Full Time, 1 FTE (June-July)
LOCATION: Remote (April-May)
Onsite - Madeline Island, WI (June-July)
The MICM Community Engagement Coordinator organizes and presents community events and serves as the librarian for the chamber music program. This role serves as the ambassador of Madeline Island Chamber Music to the Madeline Island Community, fostering relationships with community partners. Hours may include evenings and weekends. Housing and food for the duration of employment on Madeline Island is provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and distribute scores and parts for students, including copying, printing, and binding
- Maintain music library, ensuring all borrowed parts, scores, and reference materials are returned
- Create concert programs for Young Artist, Island, and Mainland Concert Series
- Coordinate and lead community engagement activities with various community organizations across Madeline Island and Bayfield, WI
- Mentor students on community and audience engagement activities
- Serve as main point-of-contact for all community partners
- Assist production and operations staff during performances
- Compliance with COVID-19 policy and protocols
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: High school graduate or equivalent. 2-4 years related experience, preferably in a performing arts setting. Previous music library experience is strongly preferred.
Abilities: Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Ability to establish effective, professional relationships in collaborative onsite and remote working environment. Ability to drive; valid driver's license preferred. Willingness to learn, flexible and adaptable.
Knowledge and Skills: Strong initiative, organizational and time-management skills. Knowledge of classical music repertoire and the ability to read music. Positive attitude and strong professionalism. A high level of organizational ability, attention to detail, and communication and writing skills as well as an ability to multitask and work effectively with a variety of constituents.
Physical Demands: Frequently working at a keyboard for up to 6 hours at a time. Frequent walking, stooping, and bending. Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 25 lbs.